monitor and shield
Krux Data Sentry is the data protection module of our DMP, allowing companies to have unprecedented visibility and control.
Aerial tracking and analysis
- Visibility into volumes and latency impact
- Standardized dashboards ad hoc analysis, and alerts
- Calculation of data-related opportunity cost
- Deep Chain Inspection for detailed views into the path ushers & collectors follow
- Tight alignment with Krux's approach to Restricted Data Leasing
- Central to the best practice Trust-but-Verify approach for data-sharing among known partners
- Actionable insight to enforce data Ts & Cs
- Data Countermeasures to block collection activity from specific third-parties
Data Sentry was Krux’s first platform module, providing always-on monitoring of data collection activities and deep insights into the business impact of data skimming and data theft. While it’s often viewed as primarily a publisher problem, data theft is a mounting concern to anyone with a consumer-facing website. On today’s web, everyone is a content publisher, and their online properties are a critical piece of the consumer engagement puzzle. Those properties are also ripe targets for third-parties whose business models depend on continuing skimming of valuable consumer data.
In addition to monitoring and analysis of third-party activity, Data Sentry provides the ability to take action to stop unwanted data collection. Data Countermeasures allows website operators to block data collection attempts from unapproved domains. This capability is unique to the Krux platform and serves as a strong deterrent, giving our clients’ data Ts & Cs real teeth. With this technology, publishers can make Data Sentry’s valuable insights and analysis actionable in real-time, retaking control of their audience assets. We are not aware that others in the DMP space provide any functionality equal to that of Data Sentry.