Forrester Wave™ Report Names Krux as a DMP Leader
GET FULL REPORT HERE
Krux Link Index Brings Transparency, Trust, and Efficiency to People-Centric Marketing
People data is the new currency, fuel for marketing, content, commerce, collaboration, selling – any type of engagement with customers, prospects, or audiences. While the number of media impressions across websites, devices, sources and formats continues to explode exponentially, the number of people looking at them remains mostly fixed.
If you agree with that premise, basic economics tells us that the value of the consumer data signature must therefore rise against the value of a media impression, ad slot, or whatever else is on the page. In short, we now operate in a world where who’s looking at the screen is more valuable than what’s on the screen.
But how much should a marketer pay to reach a Mom in Minnesota? And how much should a publisher with premium access to Minnesota Moms charge for the privilege?
- Marketers want to know if they’re paying a fair price so they can make the right buying decisions and measure their return on investment.
- Media companies understand that the market is moving to audience-centric advertising, but they don’t know if they’re getting the right price for the audiences they cultivate.
- And in either case, buyers and sellers both worry about leaking too much value to the brokers and middlemen who manage most data transactions today.
Opaque Markets Hurt Everyone
Opaque markets hurt both marketers and publishers. Krux Link and the Krux Link Index together provide a well-lit, secure environment to address the problem head-on. By applying Krux proprietary analytics to the very large, anonymized data sets resident in Krux’s cloud, the Krux LinK Indices:
- Help marketers and media companies establish data-driven benchmarks to inform buying and selling of people-centric media; and
- Provide market-clearing prices for distinct classes of audience assets, calculated from billions of real-time bidded and direct-sold transactions.
We are pleased to offer this base set of Link Indices for free as a public service to our customers, partners, and to the industry at large.
What's to Come?
To date, we have leveraged the indices to deliver proprietary Data Science offerings to our own clients, providing tailored analytics that expose key value drivers, trends, and opportunities from people data. While that work will continue, it is only the beginning.
- Most immediately, this public feed of the Krux Link Index brings even greater transparency and confidence to data transactions conducted on Krux Link, the first market platform for marketers, agencies, and publishers seeking to discover, transact, and settle data transactions with unrivaled control and confidence.
- Krux Link Index also provides an unbiased benchmark for data transactions conducted via traditional 'middleman' exchanges, performing an important checks and balances function for those platforms.
- Over time we will extend the base set with information products that examine short-, mid-, and long-rage pricing trends, seasonality, channel dynamics, and share shifting across media categories.
With over 100B impressions analyzed and 3B uniques reached per month across the world’s largest marketers and publishers and every channel, Krux is uniquely equipped to attack this enormous challenge. And because we don't buy or sell media, and we have never operated a network, exchange or advertising business ourselves, the market trusts us to deliver these critical insights without bias of any kind.
About the data in the Krux Link Index
The data sample is drawn from transactions via the Krux Link™ marketplace. The categories listed in the ticker correspond to the advertiser types participating in those transactions. The dollar value listed is the effective CPM (eCPM) associated with the data used to target advertising campaigns. It excludes the associated media costs, thus showing a ‘pure’ view of data value. The second figure in the ticker is the index value corresponding to each category and eCPM. The index value indicates how each category performs relative to whole, above or below the median (median=100).
Understand data+media price trends across billions of transactions
Understand your assets' worth, and have confidence in your data investment
Rely on Krux to separate the signal from the noise to expose real value