Totaljobs.com is one of the UK’s leading job boards. It carries over 165,000 job postings, attracts six million jobseekers and generates more than two million job applications every month. Thousands of recruiters, from multinationals to smaller regional businesses and recruitment consultants, use Totaljobs.com to recruit people across almost every sector in the UK.
For Totaljobs.com, matching employers and jobseekers is a win-win business — the online job board generates over 2.8 million applications a month, leading to thousands of filled jobs. But the company always aims to set new highs to ensure it continues to provide the best quality and experience for clients.
To deepen the company’s value for both recruiters and jobseekers, the data-savvy team at Totaljobs.com needed a data management platform (DMP) to provide in-depth intelligence on its people data. By obtaining deeper insights on each candidate, the company could deliver more personalized content through email alerts and while candidates are onsite. The team identified its DMP needs around two key objectives:
- Deliver highly-relevant job opportunities to candidates through various ways, including email, onsite recommendations and retargeting. For registered users on Totaljobs.com, this would mean more personalization at timely moments across all devices. For unregistered users, who needed to be identified anonymously, tailored job opportunities needed to be determined by behavior and other engagement signals. Finally, for all users, Totaljobs.com aimed to display relevant job opportunities that jobseekers might not be considering or seeing during their onsite search.
- Increase the number of completed online applications by qualified candidates through orchestrating online experiences tuned to each candidate’s job requirements and search phase. To achieve this, Totaljobs.com needed a better understanding of every user’s job search journey.
To achieve its objectives, Totaljobs.com chose Krux DMP to unify, analyze and activate candidate data across all systems, channels and screens. Specifically, Totaljobs.com leverages the following Krux solutions to gain a clearer view of its jobseeker community and drive up engagement:
Robust audience classification
Krux enables Totaljobs.com to collect behavioural data on its users, including job sectors viewed, job disciplines, location and salary range. Krux also classifies visitors into relevant audience segments for real-time and right-time activation across multiple channels including email, search and display.
Krux SuperTag is a built-in tag management solution that enables the delivery of tags or content directly to specific pages and specific people. Through Krux SuperTag, Totaljobs.com can aim RLSA (Remarketing Lists for Search Ads) tags at users who have entered real-time segments based on specific job searches and application behavior. What’s more, SuperTag gives Totaljobs.com the agility and efficiency to adjust search bids to target active jobseekers looking for high priority openings.
Deeper audience segments
Krux DMP collects 100% of all behavioral data, allowing Totaljobs.com to build deeper audience segments and send more relevant applications to qualified clients.
Krux has allowed Totaljobs.com to create high- value, premium audience segments for our clients. This is incremental revenue that drives our bottom line, as well as our client satisfaction.
After just one year, Krux helped Totaljobs.com deliver significant increases in all measurement KPIs:
- A 120% increase in application submissions via email by registered users
- Up to 31% increase in application conversion rates
- Up to 46% savings in cost per application
To date, Totaljobs.com has seen a 5x ROI on Krux. It’s a metric that will only increase as Totaljobs.com continues to harness Krux’s robust, real-time DMP to create first-party audience data segments that meet the varying levels of specificity requested by advertising recruiters.
Put People Data to Work for Your Business
Krux has driven a 10x or higher return on investment for brands such as Kellogg, Time Warner, and Meredith. Contact us today to learn more about our market-leading platform and how it can help your business deliver more relevant, more valuable media, content, and commerce experiences.