AARP caters to people age 50 and above, a demographic that accounts for $2.9 trillion in annual spending. As a result, AARP’s audience — made up of 37 million members — is an extremely desirable audience for a broad range of marketers. While AARP clearly perceived the potential of its audience data, the organization lacked the tools and technology to create premium audience segments that can earn higher revenue, while protecting its people data.
After a careful evaluation, AARP adopted Krux’s data management platform (DMP) because it provided an advanced toolset to protect both its members’ privacy, and AARP’s first-party data. Additionally, it was fast to deploy and easy to integrate with AARP’s registration, subscription, and ad-serving systems. With Krux, AARP enhanced its ability to protect against unauthorized data usage, as well as collect, organize, and analyze 100% of its Web-based user data (e.g., page views, clicks, interactions, frequency) across 100% of its screens and 100% of its content.
Krux’s flexible audience authoring tools enabled AARP to discover and analyze proprietary audience segments, which it used to communicate to its members, build more valuable advertising products, reach tailored audiences at scale, and improve pricing across its direct sales and programmatic channels.
Our investment in audience selling & the Krux platform has allowed us to recoup our annual investment in Krux in just 2 months.
The Krux solution has helped AARP in seven distinct ways:
- Delivered an extremely short time-to-value, resulting in 14x ROI.
- 200% higher CPMs for audience-targeted inventory.
- Reduced third-party data expenses by replacing it with AARP-owned assets.
- Provided greater value to advertisers by creating distinctive first-party segments for targeting.
- Created a new revenue stream for custom products and RFP responses, which are tied to proprietary applications of AARP data.
- Delivered a highly sophisticated technology stack that allows AARP to safeguard its members’ privacy, as well as AARP’s first-party data.
- Generates higher-quality leads and conversions on an ongoing basis.
Put People Data to Work for Your Business
Krux has driven a 10x or higher return on investment for brands such as Kellogg, Time Warner, and Meredith. Contact us today to learn more about our market-leading platform and how it can help your business deliver more relevant, more valuable media, content, and commerce experiences.