Doug Weaver on our industry’s complicated relationship with data
Leave it to Doug, one of the most amusing and insightful people in digital media, to simultaneously shape the debate, amuse the masses, and manufacture entirely new industry jargon. I was fortunate enough to be in the audience for his recent moderator stint, hosting a panel on publisher data protection at an industry event. His most recent blog post is quite good, punctuating last week’s lively debate.
Last summer’s seminal Wall Street Journal series on privacy showed far too many publishers unaware of just what they were ingesting. Others buy into the false choice of revenue opportunities versus control of one’s future. But as was spelled out during our panel discussion last week, there is a five-step program for those seeking a healthy, controlled relationship with the world of third party data.
Recent Company Posts
- Feb 20, 2015 Time Inc. Deepens Data Savvy With Krux
- Feb 13, 2015 Krux and the IAB Kingmakers
- Feb 04, 2015 Buckle Up! Edmunds.com Revs Up Direct and Programmatic Powered by Krux’s DMP
- Oct 13, 2014 Velocity is the Next Frontier for Big Data
- Sep 18, 2014 Company-Building: Old School Versus New School
- Feb 20, 2014 “Mobile DMP: Dead At Design Time” featured on AdExchanger
- Jan 23, 2014 “Marketers 5 key questions, Synchronicity and The College Party” featured on Adotas.
- Nov 08, 2013 On The Merits Of Being Unreasonable (And Why Steve Jobs Isn’t My Idol)
- Oct 09, 2013 Giving Authority Part 2
- Oct 02, 2013 Giving Authority