agencies, quants, hustlers, and hackers - a guide to digital media technology
This is maybe the best ad tech landscape overview since Kawaja introduced his now-infamous slide. From GizaMetrics:
What I wanted to do in this post was look at the overall adtech landscape from a different perspective: who is building all this stuff? Something that has stuck with me over my last five years in online advertising is that all this technology bears the distinct influence of the founders and management running the startups creating it. I’ve grouped these people into the categories that make the most sense to me. I’d love to hear feedback from people who see additional groups or have alternative ways of looking at this industry.
Agencies, quants, hustlers, and hackers... which are you? It's been my experience that it takes a lot of diversity to make a company fly, but there is no substitute for happy customers and code that works. Krux is fortunate to have plenty of both. ;)
Recent Company Posts
- Oct 13, 2014 Velocity is the Next Frontier for Big Data
- Sep 18, 2014 Company-Building: Old School Versus New School
- Feb 20, 2014 “Mobile DMP: Dead At Design Time” featured on AdExchanger
- Jan 23, 2014 “Marketers 5 key questions, Synchronicity and The College Party” featured on Adotas.
- Nov 08, 2013 On The Merits Of Being Unreasonable (And Why Steve Jobs Isn’t My Idol)
- Oct 09, 2013 Giving Authority Part 2
- Oct 02, 2013 Giving Authority
- Sep 12, 2013 PEOPLE DATA MANAGEMENT: Premise and Promise
- Jul 02, 2013 Marketers Beware: ‘Data Leakage’ On The Web Affects You, Too
- May 03, 2013 Placements Are Dead, Long Live Data